November 19, 2013

Chatting with Rebecca Lamoreaux

Today we welcome Rebecca Lamoreaux to our pages.

ES: Tell me a little about yourself as a person.

RL: I am very friendly and outgoing. I love meeting new people and trying new things. I also love helping people – but sometimes I get involved in helping others too much and forget to spend time on me. Then my husband has to remind me that I can’t do everything everyone needs and that sometimes I need to say no. I also love to dance ballet in my kitchen, sing at the top of my lungs when nobody is around, ride my hot pink beach cruiser everywhere, and watch Christmas movies all year long.

ES: What genre do you write, and why?

RL: I write Historical Romance. I believe this desire came from my love of reading these types of books and discovering the world of Regency England. I love that time period. There is a grace and elegance to the lifestyle and the people. Not that I would actually enjoy sitting around all day and doing needle work, as the women of that day were meant to do, but the overall feel of grace and decency is very sweet. Also, I have traveled to England several times and I just fell in love with it, which is part of the draw for me to write about historical romance in a place that holds my heart.

ES: What is the most important thing in your world?

RL: My husband. I can’t imagine being without him. If I ever let my over-active imagination run wild, and imagine what it would be like without him, I end up in tears and have to just cuddle with him for a while to remind myself he’s here and not going anywhere.

ES: If you had unlimited money, what’s the first thing you would spend it on?

RL: Paying off my car and house! Get out of debt first thing is important to me. After that I would travel! I love to travel!

ES: What’s your biggest fear?

RL: Things that lurk in dark water. Things swimming under me that I can’t see and don’t know what they are. I hate being in lakes or rivers where it’s murky.

ES: What could you not survive without for three weeks?

RL: My phone :) I know that seems silly or shallow. But I’m a very social person! Also, I like to be able to have contact with my hubby since he works so much that I don’t get to see him that much. Plus I can write notes on it when I get story ideas.

ES: Make a confession.

RL: I like to watch Barbie moves – specifically the ones where Barbie portrays fairytales. Such as The 12 Dancing Princesses, Princess and the Pauper, and The Island Princess. But I don’t like the new age Barbie movies about fashion and super models, I just like the fairytale ones. My hubby puts them on the TV for me when I wake up in the middle of the night with a nightmare.

ES: Tell me about your most recent published work, and why people should buy it.

RL: My most recent work is called Lord Hyacinthe, and is about a young lady, Lady Vivian, who has been commissioned to enter Lord Hyacinthe’s home and find documents that will prove he is a traitor to his country. But her assignment, which was meant to be simple, turns complicated very quickly as her duty to her country leads Lady Vivian into an unexpected marriage, a kidnapping plot, and attempted murder. From being shot at to being soundly kissed, Vivian encounters every possible barrier as she attempts to discover Lord Hyacinthe’s treachery—or his innocence.

I think people should buy it because it is the Historical Romance genre with is so well loved – People know what to expect and they get it. But I think my story is more than that. It adds another depth to the well liked genre and is likely to intrigue more people as it is not the typical “romance novel” plot line that people are used to reading. My story adds the twist of the main character doing something that was not expected of young ladies at that time. Instead of requiring her to sit around and sew or read all day, she is involved with spies and treason. This gives her something different that makes the reader want to follow her story.

ES: If you could have one super-power, what would it be?

RL: Flying! I love flying on planes, and I want to go sky diving someday. I would love to be able to fly anywhere, any time.

ES: What’s your writing tool of choice?

RL: I like Microsoft Word, but lately someone introduced me to Scrivener and I’m dying to try it out now that I know how cool it is and everything it can do. But without the computer I love writing in pencil on a notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment