January 19, 2016

A Child's Faith


One Sunday there were some questions in the book from which we studied concerning the ancient prophets, with scriptural texts as answers and some questions that were to be answered by the pupil.
One of these was “Is there any prophets in these days?” which happened to come to me in turn.
To the teacher's surprise, I answered, “Yes, sir.”
“False prophets I suppose you mean.”
“No, sir, true ones.”
“Who, pray?” was his query.
“Joseph Smith.” was my answer. He made some reply and passed on to the next. I heard no more of it until about two weeks after when Mother called me to her and asked me what I had been saying to my teachers about Joseph Smith. I told her what had occurred. I learned that this testimony had been talked of from the minister down through all that congregation. I was about 12 years old and this was the first time I had the privilege of bearing testimony to the work of God in the latter days. (From Journal Through the Ages, by Mischa Borgnaes) Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment